Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Recreating '04

I'm not really sure what is going on. Cashman might be trying to relive 2004 and rewrite history. It seems like he looked back and got rid of what didn't work and is bringing back stuff from that year that might work.

There is a trade that is pending approval between the Braves and Yankees with the centerpieces being Melky Cabrera and former Yankee Javier Vazquez. This move is extremely questionable. I can't even see myself coming around on this one. Why get rid of Melky Cabrera who was not great but certainly clutch and unquestionably good for team morale. Bringing in Vazquez is not a bad move... at the trade deadline, not in the offseason. There are plenty of 4th starters available in the free agent market, like Jon Garland, Ben Sheets, etc., and we are down an outfielder now. I don't understand this. Brett Gardner in LF makes me very uncomfortable seeing as how we had previously improved our outfield, yes I have changed my mind. With this move the Yankees backup outfielder is now Juan Miranda barring some signing or, God forbid, another trade. I can't see how this trade works on any front and just seems like an unnecessary move.

No comments:

Post a Comment