Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sergio Mitre

Sergio Mitre is coming back to the Yankees. He avoided arbitration and has signed for $850K. From what I have heard he can make a run at the 5th starter or could just be used as trade bait.

This is hard to see because I was not overly impressed with what I saw from Mitre during the season. When I look back I realize that Mitre is young and coming off Tommy John surgery. Although when I look back I also see someone who served a 50 game suspension for PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs). I know he was decent with the Yankees and could be someone who draws interest from another team. As a sinkerballer he plays well with the New Yankee Stadium. However He has always had a high E.R.A. and that is bad news out of the pen or as trade bait. This guy is questionable and I'm not a huge fan of this signing considering that players like Doug Davis (lefty who eats up innings) still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment