Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jason Bay

As of today, the Mets have signed Jason Bay to a 4 year deal for $66 MM deal. Now this is not really Yankee news, but it affects the Yankees so it is worth mentioning.

First let my start by saying that I am not one of those Yankee fans who hates on the Mets just because they are in New York. That has never made sense to me. Nor do I feel that the Yankees should ever do anything in response to a Mets signing or trade. The reason Jason Bay signing with the Mets is note worthy to Yankee fans is because this:

looks a whole lot better than this:

Jason Bay being of the Red Sox roster brings me immense joy. Usually it takes some time for me to start hating a Red Sox player. With Jason Bay, only playing a season and a half with the Red Sox, not much time passed at all before I began to hate this guy. He was a thorn in our side and that is evident when the Yankees went to Fenway and he hit a walkoff homer against Mariano early in the '09 season. Bay played well and was a perfect fit in Fenway Park. The pressure of a big market, like Boston, didn't get to him and that made him an even bigger threat. When the stakes where their highest Bay thrived and produced. Now that Bay is back in the National League I don't have to worry about him beating us. So I say good riddance.

Ps. Good signing for the Mets, solid player and will be better than Angel Pagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment